Clinics & Services
All practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance.
- Contraceptive services. Specialist services such as IUCD insertion are available at the local Family Planning Clinics.
- Maternity services in the ante-natal and post-natal period, together with the community midwives.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask the practice nurse for details.
- Cervical smears
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions
We also hold contracts with Lanarkshire Health Board for the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk
- Regular monitoring by blood test for patients on rheumatology medication.